Hilco Corporate Finance is a boutique investment bank specializing in middle-market Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Raise, and Investment Banking Special Situations/ Restructuring Services. A subsidiary of globally recognized financial services company Hilco Global, the Corporate Finance organization was founded in 2016 with the establishment of a FINRA licensed broker-dealer. Since inception, Hilco Corporate Finance focuses on transactions between $50 to $250 million for small and middle-market companies and their stakeholders, as well as larger companies who have long-standing relationships with Hilco Global and looking for a unique set of solutions catered to the Corporate Finance organization, such as to acquire, merge, or divest divisions.
With the appointment of new leadership in June of 2021, Hilco Corporate Finance is now investing in the next chapter of its growth story: the expansion of their Special Situations practice that will leverage Hilco Global’s existing relationships and expertise to provide unique, best-in-class solutions to clients along the distress curve.
As a Managing Director of Special Situations at Hilco Corporate Finance, you can expect to:
- Work across a varied and unique client base on engagements relating to Distressed Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Raise, Balance Sheet Restructuring, and Financial Restructuring. You will partner with clients throughout the distress curve, to restructure their short-term cashflow pressures and create long-term stability and sustainable growth.
- Support the establishment and development of the Special Situations Practice, bringing a substantial network and/or book of business, working towards developing a team and driving internal networks to cross-sell.
- Work collaboratively with Hilco Corporate Finance's affiliated operational turnaround advisory practice to provide one-stop Special Situations and Restructuring Services in appropriate circumstances
- Work under constricted timelines, whether because of tight cashflow constraints or bankruptcy proceedings, as an effective and valued partner delivering the best-in-class service.
- Partner with your clients in a more direct, intimate, and effective manner than ever before, where value is measured in quality of relationship as well as practical, hands-on solutions.
- Manage and develop a team of motivated professionals and mentor junior colleagues.
- To support the team and division in matters of leadership and revenue generation, sustaining a substantial book of business, ideally generating at least $2 million in fees per year.
As a Managing Director of Special Situations at Hilco Corporate Finance, you will have:
- A strong track record as a rainmaker and executioner in Special Situations M&A, with broad and deep networks in Private Equity, Law and Non-bank Lender communities. You will have a reputation for delivery, performance, and excellence.
- Between 15-30 years of relevant experience with ten or more years of investment banking, restructuring or private equity experience
- An entrepreneurial appetite to create value within your network and build a world class advisor platform.
- Strong leadership experience as a manager and team builder, ideally having built a platform or team in prior roles, sustaining a profitable pipeline of engagements in excess of $2 million per year for the past 5 years.
The opportunity for success in this role is defined by your entrepreneurial drive and ability to see value realized in a shortened timeframe. If you can work at speed, deliver creative solutions to increasingly complex problems while building up a team, then you will have an unlimited trajectory of success with Hilco Corporate Finance.