About Hilco Global: Hilco Global (www.hilcoglobal.com) is a privately held diversified financial services
company and the world's preeminent authority on maximizing the value of assets for both healthy and distressed
companies. Hilco Global operates as a holding company comprised of over twenty specialized business units that work
to help companies understand the value of their assets and then monetize that value. Hilco Global has a 30-year
track record of acting as
an advisor, agent, investor and/or principal in any transaction. Hilco Global works to deliver the best possible
result by aligning interests with clients and providing them strategic insight, advice, and, in many instances, the
capital required to complete the deal. Hilco Global is based in Northbrook, Illinois and has 600 professionals
operating on five continents.
Hilco Corporate Finance, LLC ("HCF"), a subsidiary of Hilco Global, is licensed broker dealer focusing on
Buy-side and Sell-side Representation, Debt & Equity Capital Raises, and Strategic Advisory Services. HCF
specializes in the needs of the middle-market: Transactions from $20 million to $500 million (we will consider
transactions outside of this range); Small and middle-market companies headquartered in North America; Larger
companies wishing to acquire, merge or divest divisions. We cover multiple industries, but have interest on those
specializing in Industrials, Retail, Consumer, Business & Professional Services, and Financial.
This is a dynamic role for someone with deep Investment Banking experience. They will have the opportunity to both
lead, grow, and take on new responsibilities as they generate new business, manage existing client engagements, and
oversee junior Banking staff. This is an excellent opportunity to build personal wealth.
- Actively pursue business development opportunities and market a full range of services to prospective clients;
- Create and manage new deal flow and originate new client engagements;
- Leverage relationships with established relationships to generate new opportunities;
- Develop client networks, establish and maintain pipeline and support efforts in developing and executing sales
and marketing strategies;
- Lead on a variety of transactions, from initial client pitch to transaction closing;
- Communicate financial information and strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and
guide executives in corporate finance transactions;
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail on client deliverables;
- Maintain and manage client relationships and be actively involved at the key strategic points of each
- Provide leadership, professional development and mentoring for junior staff;
- Participate in key industry conferences, speaking opportunities, media interviews, and marketing efforts to
generate exposure and promote the firm
- 15 plus years of experience at boutique or regional investment bank with demonstrable M&A execution experience.
- Ability to make effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities.
- Demonstrated experience with managing day-to-day aspects of client relationships and projects.
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management.
- Previous success and proven track record in new business development and closing investment banking
- Deep understanding of the capital marketplace, including deal multiples, pricing, structure, potential financing
sources and buyers.
- Understanding of capital advisory services and the M&A process, complex transactions, creating buyer/seller
strategies, deal structuring and negotiation.
- Significant client interaction and experience, particularly showing the ability to develop strong and
influential client relationships.
- Extraordinary day-to-day deal execution, negotiation and closing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct an Investment Banking team.
- Willingness to travel.
Education and Competencies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or an MBA, CFA;
- The FINRA Series 7, 63 and 79 will be required.
Personal Qualities and other Skills Desired
- Strong leadership and management skills, combining sound judgment, team building and clear communication skills.
- An appetite to work in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to think creatively.
- Established relationships and contacts with private equity and middle market businesses.
- Committed work ethic with desire to “roll up your sleeves” to complete any task.
- Passionate about our firm’s commitment, mission, core values and driven to build a high-impact organization.